Take advice from fuckups.they're the only ones that can tell you about the bottom & how to avoid it

Photobucket

Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Scenes Are Dead

Everything in the history of cool is fucking dead. It's pretty sad if you think about it. The NOW is nothing but a conglomeration of awful distastefulness. There are no current musical, artistic, or political movements worth taking the time to revolutionize. There is no hip. There is no fuck you way of doing things anymore. Everything has been melted down into a nightmarish mashup of gaudy genericism, a melting pot of cocaine party hangover diarrhea. Rock n' Roll has been raped. Punk has become pussified. Hip hop has become whorish... Jazz and folk have been so ignored that THE KIDS don't even know what the fuck it is. It's 2010...the deadline for improvement is well beyond passed. We didn't experience the bounce back that our previous decades enforced to save their dignity. This has been happening since 1995. It all went downhill from there. No wonder Kurt Cobain blew his brains out. People talk about him like he was fucking Jesus, maybe those people were on to something... Maybe he was a prophet. Maybe he saw this influx of luridly cheap awfulness on the horizon...
I will no longer follow fashion. I will no longer follow rock n roll. My church has been so badly desecrated that it will be too painful to return and worship there. It's time for me to be a grown up. I'm not sure if the world went tacky, or if I'm just not cool anymore.

3 comments:

  1. The world went tacky. People don't give a shit about things enough anymore. It's all about me me me. As for fashion..I have no clue what's going on with it but I hate the fact that everything is geared for twigs.
    Do you know how many of my friends I have seen conform to this shit? It's sad.
    I think the internet is partly to blame for this craziness. The world is all about "get it now and fast" and work work work so you can have money just to live. I don't fucking know. But I am pretty fed up with it.
    The good news is, that there are good artists out there, they are just hard to see behind all of these no-talent hacks who make money off of sinigng through a fucking autotuner. It's not about how talented you are any longer..it's about your "crew" and how skanky you can get. This pisses me off to no end.
    At least I have Matthew Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever, Courtney Love did it

    ReplyDelete